Tuesday

Bass Guitar Birthday Cake



I made this bass guitar birthday cake for my sister's husband. I cut out the shape with waxed paper and laid it on top of the round cakes I made to get the individual pieces. It is a little messy on the sides where the frosting got on the cake board. I realized afterwards that I should have put some foil or waxed paper under the edges while I frosted it.

I had to take it to my sister's house so I transported it by putting it on the back seat of the van. When I went to take it out I thought I could do it one handed and the board started to bend at the neck of the guitar. I almost had disaster on the street. Luckily I caught it in time. It may not have been pretty, but it tasted good.

4 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

Very cool. We had a guitar groom's cake at our wedding since my hubby is a guitar player.

Melissa said...

What a cool cake. You are very talented.

Femmepower said...

it actually looks cool!nice job.wish i had your baking skills.

Saurabh Shastri said...

Hi Laura, Thanks for the comment on my blog(natureblessing).

This guitar-cake is really a gr8 creativity.Amazing!!!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image (c) historypicks.com