Friday

Fun Friday - Blogging for Fun Group


This weeks topic in the Blogging for Fun group's Fun Friday, is name two things you absolutely can not live without. Say in a disaster, or end of the world, what two things could you not go without. Please don't say kids, spouse, girlfriend etc I think we all know that would be awful to live without those things.

I have been through a few hurricanes when I lived in Florida and the most uncomfortable thing was not having electricity so there was no air conditioning. But for a serious disaster or end of the world I think that I would want to have a fireplace or wood stove (I live in Colorado now) or someway to heat and cook. The second thing would be a good stock of food, I would hate to be hungry.

So if you would like to get in on the blogging fun, make new friends and drive traffic to your blog you can sign up to join us by clicking here or sign up through the yahoo group button on this page. Make sure to tell the group owner that Laura from Things That Are Me referred you.

6 comments:

onlinewriter said...

hi!i hope i could post mine too but i couldn't access my admin. i get to view my main blog after several failed attempts but i really can't log in.sigh.
i've never experienced being in the middle of a hurricane (good for me)!i can't imagine how scary it is,basing on the movies i've seen.

Laura said...

Online writer. Sorry to hear that you could not post your Friday Fun Day for BFB. I hope it gets fixed soon.
Hurricanes can be scary. I lived on the east coast near the Kennedy Space Center. At the time I lived in an RV Resort because we were RV work campers. Although we had anchors into the ground, the wind lifted the RV several times. Anyway, you haven't lived till you've ridden out a hurricane in an RV. I only did that once for hurricane Charlie, there were 3 others that came through after that one and we evacuated to a friends place.

betchai said...

oh, definitely,I can not live without food too :) actually, food is my weakness :)

i haven't experienced any hurricanes yet, when I was still in the Philippines, I always get to escape typhoons (similar to hurricanes here probably).

Leomar said...

Good thing, we don't have scary hurricanes here in the Philippines, at least not in the city where i live. But I can imagine how scary it is when you're at a middle of a disaster like that.

Melissa said...

We have had a few near misses of the hurricanes. The year before me moved to Florida, my mom lost power for over a week, during one. She said it was torture.

Julie McClelland said...

Food and warmth are pretty necessary. Living in the tropics we are subject to hurricanes and cyclones - had lots of warnings this year, but nothing stopped by, thank goodness. We do and did get a trifle wet - some places further north of where I live are still wet from January/February rains. Thats the tropics for you!!

 
template by suckmylolly.com - header image (c) historypicks.com